Oil filter element

I would think that it is the same as the TR4 one which is Crosland GFE104. However, my local motor factors sold me a Crosland 414, they assure me it is correct, but I haven't yet taken the old one out to compare them.

I have been using the Crosland 414 oil filter for the last several oil changes. In the past, I have used FRAM C-870PL also the AC-33 (Made in England) and UniPart GFE 104. These filters are all supposed to be equivalent and measure close to 1.25" inside diameter, 2.87 inch outside diameter and 5.43 inches long. The Crosland filters come with 3 black rubber seals. You select the one you like (I use the widest one) and you fit it into the aluminium housing before you install the new filter and the outer steel casing. Be sure you get the old seal out of the groove before you re-assemble it all.

Thank you Don- the suppliers assured me that it was the correct filter , and they were in stock for about £1.50 each. I believe they are used inside commercial gearboxes !

Thanks for all the answers.

In the meantime I have obtained some more information. Really it was as easy as entering the web page of the manufacturer (MANN, PUROLATOR) and searching after Make and Model. Dimensions listed in some of these pages are similar to those posted by you, Don.

It seems that following references should be also valid for the TR2 – TR4A range (aside from other makes like MG and AH):

FRAM CH815PL1

FIAMM FA4009

CROSLAND 418 (not fully sure)

MANN H804t

PUROLATOR L30052

AC-Delco AC33

Regards.

Jesus