Hi Guys.

My UK-spec TR6 has no radio and speakers and I've absolutely no intention of fitting anything permanently, but I'm keen to install a USB charger system into the car for portable devices such as BOSE SoundLink Bluetooth speaker, iPhone 6S, iPod, etc, so I can charge them from the car when travelling/camping for a few days without access to 240V supply. I'm a non-smoker so I'm not keen to put a cable into an unsightly 12V cigarette lighter socket with a USB 'B' /mini or micro iPhone connector on the end.

Has anyone installed such a system out of sight but readily accessible for charging on the move?

Also, there will be times when I'll want to use my iPhone 6S as a SatNav on the move and wondered if anyone has bought a holder that looks in keeping with the cockpit. If too modern looking I'd want to make it 'detachable' for when I arrive at shows.

I welcome your suggestions for installation options for a neat, efficient fit.

Regards to all, Dave

Dave,

I fitted one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-Dual-USB-Car-Cigarette-Lighter-Socket-Charger-Power-Adapter-60cm-Cable-Fuse-/152147055404?hash=item236cabd32c:g:n58AAOSwU-pXsrXyin the passenger side speaker panel.

Because it draws power all the time it needs to be on an ignition controlled circuit or it will flatten the battery.

I have a TomTom I attached the holder to the passenger side top bolt of the H frame - no holes needed & can be permanently removed without damage.

Alan

Hi Guys.

My UK-spec TR6 has no radio and speakers and I've absolutely no intention of fitting anything permanently, but I'm keen to install a USB charger system into the car for portable devices such as BOSE SoundLink Bluetooth speaker, iPhone 6S, iPod, etc, so I can charge them from the car when travelling/camping for a few days without access to 240V supply. I'm a non-smoker so I'm not keen to put a cable into an unsightly 12V cigarette lighter socket with a USB 'B' /mini or micro iPhone connector on the end.

Has anyone installed such a system out of sight but readily accessible for charging on the move?

Also, there will be times when I'll want to use my iPhone 6S as a SatNav on the move and wondered if anyone has bought a holder that looks in keeping with the cockpit. If too modern looking I'd want to make it 'detachable' for when I arrive at shows.

I welcome your suggestions for installation options for a neat, efficient fit.

Regards to all, Dave

Hi Dave,

I bought one of these off Amazon the covered one is 2 USB ports and the other is a voltage meter. Though you can buy them separately. I installed it on the Radio blanking plate.

post-1267-0-56926200-1490642476_thumb.jpg
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Dave from Sunny Spain

Alan, Dave

Thanks for your suggestions. Very useful ideas. I will definitely get one of those dual-connectors, plugged in via the ignition as you say.

Dave

Is the blanking plate a bought item or did you make it yourself? I'm thinking of mounting my speaker into the plate with another recess for the iPhone or iPod. There is plenty of space behind for such slim items.

Thanks again guys,

Dave from grey and chilly Paisley

Hi Dave,

It is OE fitted in the dash support over the gearbox tunnel.

If you do not have a radio fitted you will have one also, easy to take out, just two screw and nuts.

Kind Regards,

Dave from Sunny Spain