Highly illegal

The way i see it is its impossible to truly identify our cars with new plates etc being allowed it should be any classic awaking from a long slumber which most of these log books will represent, should have to go through a vosa inspection.I had to go through a VOSA inspection a couple of years ago with my Thames camper and all i can say is that if the car has been ringed then they will know not necessarily from the car but from the 3 man very official riot act read 2 hour interview they carried out on me,turned out the chassis did not match to documents but it was a Martin Walter conversion and the chassis was overstamped took a club official to write a letter to explain all,a very very scary experience.

Sorry for again but just bought a brand new galved chassis for Series 3 landy it has a number thats made up of a multiple of tiny holes right through the rear crossmember now thats a decent simple way of identification.

Most suppliers of replacement chassis do identify them which is extremely useful, unfortunately in our case OEM were not.

Stuart.