Wiper current leak

When testing, I run these at 14V. They take about 3.5A. They gradually get nearly too hot to hold. This takes about 40 minutes.

There are some faults that show up when very hot or very cold. This is because of differential expansion.

I'm replicating what happens on a long run in heavy rain, on a hot summer day.

This weather they also get to freeze in the garage for a while.

One with long-service, filthy and full of grit arrives and usually takes 5A to run, because the lubrication has vanished and been replaced by abrasive.

Not getting any better, connected up the parking contact and it stops correctly then the motor slowly turns (switched off) and the parking kicks in again etc.

Ignition on motor switched off 12v on the green feed and also ground continuity on one of the speed earthing bullets. I would have thought the switch should isolate both earthing wires.

Switch is wired correctly as per Alan's pic. Should I invest in a new switch, I need to eliminate something.

Paul

Sometimes you just can't see the wood for the trees.

Today the problem was sorted within two minutes, being colour blind does not help when wiring up switches.

(Earth Wire was on wrong terminal) Doh

No damage appears to have been done and it's working just as it should, though I fail to see how the switch could first pull fast speed.

Coil amperage draw only now on the ignition key.

Seat belts next and then it should be ready for its inaugural MOT.

Thanks to you all again

Paul

Paul. Are you saying that it's still drawing current when parked with ignition on?

Ah. Just reread it coil current only. I initially read it as field coil current. My bad.

Edited by peejay4A