Suggestion for the Forum, what does the panel think ?

On a recent post about which suppliers were best, I just happen to mention that there was a difficult to find item I needed. For ref it was a LH caliper mounting for a 1964 TR4.

A couple of kind posters sent me a PM that they had one lying around and would I like it.

This would have been much better than me already buying it from a well known supplier, we could keep trades between ourselves.

So, is there anywhere I could have put a request up for the part that I don't know about ?

Assuming we don't want to clog this forum with loads of requests, here is an idea.

I see we have a Cars Reunited, could we have a 'Parts Needed' section, where we can put up our requirements and anyone can look in there when they feel the urge to help out. I think we would need to ban advertisers just trying to sell otherwise it would get overwhelmed.

All feedback always welcome.

Rob

Hi Rob,

We used to have a "Buy, Sell, Trade" forum, similar to what you are describing. Although not everyone was happy about it, that facility has now been moved to the main TR Register website, at: http://www.tr-register.co.uk/classifieds

One drawback with the new facility is that the discussion aspect of trades has been lost, but the powers that be felt that the change was necessary and had their reasons.

In the situation you found your self in, I think I'd use which ever forum (in your case, TR4, Technical chat, or even At the bar) seemed most appropriate to highlight the sought after part.

Darren

Agree it ought to be added - a quick post is far easier than a small add - and you get free advice !

What happens if there is disagreement on the deal? Or do we rely on everyone who posts being a gentle person?

TRR members only might help, or posts only through a moderator who knows where they live.

John

Edited by john.r.davies