TR fettler near Olney Bucks

hi, i am new to the TR world having bought a 1965 TR4A IRS Jan last year, we love it and have done a few rallies with it already and have a scattered diary for it this year inc the TR stilton run a cotswold caper with Glocs MGOC and we are taking it to south of france this year too I've had my local garage (they've successfully banger raced triumphs since the mid 70s) give it a once round in terms of change oils, fan belt etc etc but i want a hood fitting, passenger window mechanism very stiff, hooters don't, work perhaps a map reading light id like a boot that locks and a few other bits that a TR man knows about, Olney is is smack bang between Bedford Wellingborough Northampton and Milton Keynes, any recommendations please, i don't need concourse id rather usability, many thanks, ol boys

Hi (have you got a name),

welcome to the forum.

Are you in the TR Register - if yes then have a look in the mag TRAction and/or pop down to your local group meeting - that should provide plenty of info.

If not - then join - best £40 spent on the car.

I can't think of any big name very close to you - TRGB and Cambridge Motor Sport are not too far. Moordale motors in North London

Roger

Hi Graham,

I have used http://www.jyclassics.co.uk/ for about 20 years now! One car restored by them and several others maintained over the years.

They are between Gt. Missenden and High Wycombe.

John is very friendly and easy to deal with. If do you visit him - don't expect to get away in a hurry!

Regards,

Michael.

Hi there Ol Boys and welcome. I bought my 6 from TRGB some years ago and just cant recommend them enough. Easy to find and just fantastic service. The guys there are really friendly, knowledgeable, and happy to dish out advice and recommendations free of charge, plus a welcome cup of tea or coffee on arrival. Its an easy blast from Leighton Buzzard and there are some great riverside pubs nearby for lunch.....the guys at TRGB will point you in the right direction. Good Luck!

P.S. I also found Enginuity brilliant but its a long drive to Chiswick!