Triumph "Tropical Option" 6-blade fan TR2, TR3, TR4

An interesting item on eBay :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...0495&rd=1,1

I've never seen or heard of one of these before (could be just my ignorance, of course)

but the design of it certainly seems the same as the standard fan.

Usual disclaimer - item is nothing to do with me. (and I'm not bidding, or I wouldn't be

telling you about it!!)

I haven't looked at the ebay site but there apparently was a "hot climate" optional 6 blade metal fan. I had never seen one before either until I found one in TRGB's spare parts loft. Gary Bates of TRGB showed me one of the original Triumph TR manuals containing the fan. I have therefore repainted it and fitted it to my TR2 as I thought the additional cooling could be useful as I can't fit a blower electric fan to the front of the radiator because of the front apron. My TR2 is still in the course of restoration and hasn't turned a wheel yet so I'm afraid I can't comment on the fan's efficiency. The blades are certainly at a more acute angle than the 4 blade fan making the clearance from the radiator extremely small.

Trevor

An interesting item on eBay :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...0495&rd=1,1

I've never seen or heard of one of these before (could be just my ignorance, of course)

but the design of it certainly seems the same as the standard fan.

Usual disclaimer - item is nothing to do with me. (and I'm not bidding, or I wouldn't be

telling you about it!!)

Not a lot of good as he wont ship to this side of the Atlantic!!

Stuart.

I'm glad to hear that Robin. Hopefully I will have made a worthwhile purchase. Time will tell as hopefully my 2 will be on the road by next year.

Regards

Trevor.