fuel filter change (HOW TO CHANGE)

Guest tobyholland

Guest tobyholland

i would like to thank firstly all the expert who with there knowledge help lesser 6 enthuasists keep there cars on the road.

i went to change my fuel filter on my six,,simple to some ,,i undone the top nut an the petrol seemed like it just kept comeing out,,i tightened it back quickley, and ask the experts how to change the filter"

thanks toby

Hi Toby

There will hopefully be a rubber type flexible hose between the tank and the filter - if so clamp this to stop the fuel... If not you may well have to run the tank down as much as practicable and then jack the car on one side sufficiently to allow safe removal of the filter. Either that or syphon the tank. It may be prudent to fit an isolating valve into the line; something I have considered but never done.

Regards

Edited by ianhoward

TOBY!!!!!

If yours is a pi, disconnect the battery, :o as there are obviously electrics VERY!! close by in the boot area,but disconnect it anyway, :wacko: cos, sparks and fuel are not the best of buddies. :blink: put plenty of rag under the bowl to absorb inevitable spillages. :)

Edited by PILKIE

With the recent threads about being burt when shorting out power with a watch strap,under the dash or in eng bay :blink: If doing any work near electrics,that wants to make you power down,just be damned carefull all the time :huh: It happens to the best of us ;) at least one!!

Edited by PILKIE