New member with a question

Greetings all,

I am new here as well as new to the TR3.

My question is a rather simple one that will probably require a lengthy answer. :)

Would the TR3 engine/trans stand up to the rigers of turbo-charging? I am not talking about a ton of boost. But, rather something relatively low level like 5-8 pounds or so.

Also, Is there a good place online for performance parts for the TR3?

You have my many thanks in advance,

Hi Dino

Do a search of this forum and see if 'supercharger' brings anything up.

Turbocharging - mmmmmmm - with a 50 year old 3 main bearing tractor engine?

Could be interesting!!!

For the amount of money you could spend and the power/performance return you would end up with an alternative may be to put a 2000 zetec engine and 5 speed gearbox in her.

I believe Manvers TR in Suffolk are trying this out.

At least it would keep the original engine and gearbox somewhere safe and when/if everything ends in tears you could slip them back in.

Unc :blink:

Judson made superchargers for the TR's back in the day.

But if you want performance I'd suggest you sell the TR3 and find a TR8...far cheaper to get the needed thrill.

Sidescreen TR's are wonderful cars that take you back in time...A good TR2/3 should be rough riding, hard to steer, leaky in the rain, cold in the winter and and any attempt to civilize it is against it's very nature.

Sidescreen TR's are wonderful cars that take you back in time...A good TR2/3 should be rough riding, hard to steer, leaky in the rain, cold in the winter and and any attempt to civilize it is against it's very nature.

Totally agree with Yankee on the sidescreen experience, but he forgot to mention the ever present oil leak, which in fact is not actually an oil leak……………it’s just your sidescreem marking its territory!! :D

As for extra power, there are plenty of ways to hot up a four pot engine depending on your requirement, but supercharging? Nah! As Unc says you'll probably just be buying trouble down stream!

Cheers

Andrew