Braided hoses or copper pipes?

The copper brake pipe from the proportioning valve to the front RH caliper (before the flexible hose) has perferated (makes for butt clenching emergency stops). :o

So - can you get seperate pats of the brake hydrolics? ( rimmers only seem to do the whole kit).

Or - do I start changinging all the copper pipes for braided hoses? :blink:

Is it worth buying the pipe flarer and benders and doing all your own pipes?

What is the difference between this double flare and single flare and when should you use which?

Bryan B)

The copper brake pipe from the proportioning valve to the front RH caliper (before the flexible hose) has perferated (makes for butt clenching emergency stops). :o

So - can you get seperate pats of the brake hydrolics? ( rimmers only seem to do the whole kit).

Or - do I start changinging all the copper pipes for braided hoses? :blink:

Is it worth buying the pipe flarer and benders and doing all your own pipes?

What is the difference between this double flare and single flare and when should you use which?

Bryan B)

If you are not going to use the flaring tools again then I would buy a kit. But first check the cost of buying the copper pipe kit and the braided pipe kit seperately from the other TR7 part suppliers. It may be cheaper? Also try the green pads.

Just my thoughts. :huh:

Bryan- Any small garage will knock you up a new copper pipe if you take the old one in, and the nuts, for a couple of quid. Or else you can buy a roll of copper pipe for £10 and a flaring tool, albeit a primitive one, for not much more. You don't need a bender, just bend it ,bit by bit, with your fingers making sure you dont kink it. Cut the pipe carefully to length with a Junior hacksaw. Put the same flare on the pipe as original. One flare looks like a funnel, a female end, on the end of the pipe and this joins on to parts with a male end. The other flare looks as if you have put the mouth of two funnels together, a male end to go into a female part. Don't replace solid metal pipes with braided flexibles !

OK bit the bullet and bought a flare tool today - now have a nice shiney new copper pipe to the right hand caliper.

So now I want to get value for money - don't like the idea of there being only one bleed nipple on the rear near side m/cylinder. Has anyone out there put in a "T" piece and put bleed nipples on both drums. If not why?

Seems to me it would make bleeding the brakes easier.

Bryan B)