summers coming

Well, now that winter is nearly over my thoughts go to lazy summer days with me bald patch getting burnt. The car has been a pleasure to drive over the winter with its hard top on. In fact i am torn about which direction to go. The hard top stiffens the car up and makes for a better drive, it also looks great. IMHO it looks better than the rag top up or down. So do i or dont i leave it on. Seems the answer is out of my hands anyway. We, thats i and the woman who owns me, took a trip to cornwall last summer straight from Malvern. It was fantastic and Niks had plenty of time to top up the tan whilst i topped up the miles. So top down, on the car of course. But winter will be coming back. So i need advice on storing the tin top. Should i heavily wax it, wrap it, or what ever. Your opinions would be welcomed.

Incidently, the car has now been on the road for nearly a whole year and run up 12000 miles in that time. One faultly alternator and one injector. Well done old girl. and the car didnt do bad either.

Noel

Edited by oily
Just store it somewhere dry under a decent cotton cover to keep the dust off.

For a while there was a hardtop stand being sold on eBay. It supported the hardtop vertically and had wheels so it could be moved. It looked easy enough to make out of either metal (if you can weld) or wood (if you have some rudemtary woodworking skills and tools). It is on my list of 2007 projects.

I captured pictures and dimentions in a ppt file, PM or email me for a copy.

Stan

Make a simple wooden frame, get some of the old fashioned laundry dryer type pulleys and after covering top with clean soft cotton cloth hoik it up above the car - no space wasted and unlikely to get knocked over.