Matching Keys

Depends on what series 6 you have, the 6 in my workshop now CR526 a late 72 has two keys one large one for ignition and one double sided fr series for the rest. In the 50s and 60s the idea was for two keys with one for ignition and doors and a second one for bootlid and glove compartment this was done mainly for American market for valet parking so they couldnt access your belongings in boot or glove so you only gave them one key. There was a thread a while ago on changing the bootlid lock so a search may turn that one up. Door locks usually come complete and just need the spring clip sqeezing together to remove. Not sure about glove box one but the barrels are usually held in with a small pin.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Cheers for that, the car was first registered 15/8/72. At the moment, I have a key for the ignition, one for the doors, one for the glove box and one for the boot. Have always had loads of keys on all the old cars I've had so took it as the norm, but then saw how cheap the lock sets were. Was hoping to get a single key for all, but have been told it would be one for the ignition, and another one for the rest, so wanting to check before I bought them. Also the ignition key place has been moved, so was wanting to switch it back to the proper place below the steering column.