Princess 4 Pot Calipers

Hi,

I've already seen opinions for and against the use of these calipers but I've decided to go ahead an use them anway.

I've managed to get hold of some Princess 4 pot Calipers that require overhaul. Can anyone advise of a parts supplier for pistons and seals? I intend to fit a spacer kit and some vented discs, does anyone know which off the shelf disc fits. I think I heard Peugeot 406 mentioned somewhere. BIGGRED offer a caliper overhaul and coating service for approx £110/pair , depending on the price of overhaul parts, is it worth just sending them away to be done?

Any advice on the conversion would be appreciated. My car is a '75 CR series.

Thanks

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve, I don't know if 406 discs are correct or not, but if you want a pair at a good price

http://www.parts4peugeot.com/acatalog/Onli...Brakes_178.html

Neat Autos, I've been using them for the last 8 years or so. Their web-site is down at the moment, but discs for 15" wheels are shown @ £19.15 + VAT per disc..

Thanks Jon, Peugeot discs look unlikely to fit. I've spent a while on-line looking for off the shelf vented discs and the nearest I can come up with looks like a V6 2.5 Ford Cougar, similar diameter and 4 stud mounting, not sure what the hub fitting looks like though.

Ironically I used to have one of those a couple of years ago, and I replaced all discs on it !

If only I'd kept the old ones......

Thanks

Steve

I've got a very large spreadsheet with all disc sizes listed, looks like none of the Capri discs are large enough, I think the key is the wheel size, anything less that 15 ins would be too small ? Largest disc is the early 3.0L at 248mm, TR6 discs are approx 278mm. Several Fords with the same PCD and 4 stud mounting use the same disc, 2.5 V6 Cougar, early Granada, some Mondeos. I'm trying to get a hold of a disc and see how it fits, I'll post any findings in case anyone else is interested.

Thanks

Steve

Thanks Bill,

I've had an offer of a bespoke vented disc from the Barley Mow so I'll be able at least to see if the caliper is compatible. I'll have a look at Burton's discs if it all fits together.

See you shortly

Regards

Steve