Wanted - TR6 for Wedding

Hi,

Without wanting to flood the forum with nuptial based enquiries (I notice there is a similar thread from "flares" Nov '06), I'm looking for a TR6 to hire for my wedding in August (near Ipswich). I've searched all the classic car hire companies but can't seem to find one close enough. HCHG suggested I try contacting some owners club, hence....

The reason? I've been a fan of the TR6 for little while and I'm hoping to buy one in not too distant future, though for obvious reasons this year is probably out. I had actually considered buying one temporarily but on refelection I didn't think it wise.

So I thought it would be a nice idea to treat myself and it seemed like the obvious choice of car for the day. Not sure how the missus would cope with the wind in her hair tho'!

To be honest any colour would be absolutely fine, though I suppose white would be quite fitting. So if you're able to help or know anyone else who might be able to it would be great to hear from you.

my email: nick_fear@hotmail.com

Cheers,

Nick

Hi,

Without wanting to flood the forum with nuptial based enquiries (I notice there is a similar thread from "flares" Nov '06), I'm looking for a TR6 to hire for my wedding in August (near Ipswich). I've searched all the classic car hire companies but can't seem to find one close enough. HCHG suggested I try contacting some owners club, hence....

The reason? I've been a fan of the TR6 for little while and I'm hoping to buy one in not too distant future, though for obvious reasons this year is probably out. I had actually considered buying one temporarily but on refelection I didn't think it wise.

So I thought it would be a nice idea to treat myself and it seemed like the obvious choice of car for the day. Not sure how the missus would cope with the wind in her hair tho'!

To be honest any colour would be absolutely fine, though I suppose white would be quite fitting. So if you're able to help or know anyone else who might be able to it would be great to hear from you.

my email: nick_fear@hotmail.com

Cheers,

Nick

Nick, good luck with the search. I'm curious to know at what point in the proceedings a TR would be useful. I'm having a hard time visualising cramming a woman in full white bridal regalia (reflecting weeks or months of preparation and probably hours of tweaking on the day) into a TR6 and moving it at more than 5 mph without said groom getting killed or maimed shortly after.

Stan