Progress Report TS 58476 LO

Hi Frank

Looks like it coming on a treat, but it didn't look too bad from the top photo, but I guess the outer panels were shot to bits?

Any other photos before you started, or did you buy it half stripped?

How about an article for TRAction, maybe in the ‘Rebuilders Dairies’ section?

Keep us posted, it looks cracking so far!

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Frank

Looks like it coming on a treat, but it didn't look too bad from the top photo, but I guess the outer panels were shot to bits?

Any other photos before you started, or did you buy it half stripped?

How about an article for TRAction, maybe in the 'Rebuilders Dairies' section?

Keep us posted, it looks cracking so far!

Cheers

Andrew

TriumphTR-3007copy.jpg

TriumphTR-3006copy.jpg

TriumphTR-3011copy.jpg

TriumphTR-3012copy.jpg

TriumphTR-3016copy.jpg

Andrew: as we say here I have photos out the yazoo, Here are a few more shots showing more metal worm damage. I bought this car from a retire Bell Labs engineer in 1986. He was the original owner and his 4 sons used (and abused) it for basic transportation whilst at college. I must say that the car looked much better before we started taking her apart. There was quite a bit of damage where the inner and outer wings meet, main floors and boot floor. In some places there were tiny holes through the steel, almost like pin holes. Thats all behind us now.

I would be delighted to have this project featured in TRaction. Is there an official format or do I just write up something and email it to the editor?

All the best, Frank

TriumphTR-3104copy.jpg

...I would be delighted to have this project featured in TRaction. Is there an official format or do I just write up something and email it to the editor? All the best, Frank

Hiya Frank

Blimey, the tin worm has been busy, I bet it didn't come from Californ-IA!!!

There is no special format for TRaction just write as you experienced it and attach some photos to an email (photos need to be hi-resolution), Steve Redway may ask you to submit a series of reports for Rebuilders Dairies or include your article in TRA as a feature; I did this for issue 194 detailing the history behind my acquisition and restoration of TRK.

You can email Steve on: SteveRedway@aol.com

I'll look forward to reading all about it in TRaction sometime.

Cheers

Andrew

Frank fantastic rebuild, could almost say better than new. Is the build following origonal spec or are there upgrades?

I made an enquiry to the most estemed Steve Redway editor of the topless Glossy "TRaction" regarding a rebuilder diary contribution and recieved the following

"Hi John,

loike the email address

To join the Rebuilders Diaries contributers, just drop me a line regarding your particular rebuild, what the car is, how you found it, what work you are going to do yourself, a bit of information about yourself and I'll do the rest. The series is a relaxed "as and when you can contribute" type series with no deadlines, we look for about 700 words and one picture per instalment.

Look forward to your reply in due course.

Kind regards

Steve Redway

Editor TRaction"

Edited by Eyetee

Hi Frank,

Nice restoration, please continue to make us aware of your progress in the forum.

How did you managed to put so much pictures on the forum.

The member limit is 500k and I calculate you put in 1.600K of pictures in this post.

Thank you.

Regards, Guy