My 6 only usually goes out on dry days, but we seem to be getting a lot of cold crisp and dry winter days of late, so it occurred to me it would be nice to go out in the winter. For a bit of comfort, I've been thinking about a hard top as it might be a little less drafty than the soft top. Good quality original hard tops seem to be as rare as either hens teeth or rocking horse droppings and the ones I've seen on Ebay always seem to need vast amounts of work (and from the previous posts, its fairly clear that I'm not really as practical as I think I am!) - a friend pointed me in the direction of Rimmer's web site where there are composite reproductions available, covered in black vinyl (perfect for a 70's car - do they sell fluffy dice as well????? :lol: ).

Two questions (starter for 10) - Does anyone have any experience of these that they could share - particularly quality and fit?

and your bonus for 15 - It seems as though the soft top has to come off to fit the hard top. Looking at parts manuals and my workshop manual, it seems that the bolts that hold the frame to the side need to come out (I think they are actually screw headed) and there seem to be 4 or 5 hex head bolts that secure the soft top to the rear deck - these obviously need to come out. I'm assumming that when these bolts come out, the soft top just lifts off. Am I right? Does removing these bolts affect the tightness of the fit of the soft top?

Regards

Kevin