rolling road

Dont know where the last post went but here goes again .Iam trying to find a rolling road set up where i can get the best from my tr6 that i have just got back on the road .The car runs really well but i feel it could be better .I live in bucks/oxford so looking for somewhere within approx 50miles Happy new year to everyone Bob

Dont know where the last post went but here goes again .Iam trying to find a rolling road set up where i can get the best from my tr6 that i have just got back on the road .The car runs really well but i feel it could be better .I live in bucks/oxford so looking for somewhere within approx 50miles Happy new year to everyone Bob

HiTech south of Birmingham is really good. We travel from Swindo just to get setup there and have number we can compare to other competitors - should be equally as good for non competition cars.

Cheers

Jelly

Try Lynx Racing, not sure where you are situated but I think you should be reasonably close to them. They have a TR6 documented on their website ubder the "Rolling Road/Classic Car " section. I took my car there and got a good improvement. I hope to revisit sometime soon.

Unit 1, Rose Lane

Forest Rd., Hanslope

Milton Keynes MK19 7DE

Tel / Fax : 01908 510000

Mobile : 07831 556973

Established 1986 email : lynx.racing@tinyworld.co.uk

Website is http://www.lynxae.co.uk/

Kind regards

David

What about what may be a very interesting alternative to rolling road and engine dyno, namely

'Dynojet Wide Band Commander'? (www.widebandcommander.com)

It is using a 'wide band' lambda sonde or Air/Fuel sensor : the device can store the A/F ratio during a

run of some minutes : the data can be downloaded to a PC or laptop to make an analysis and corrections to the engine. The sensor is wide band : A/F from 10 to 18. A normal lambda sonde is much less sensitive.

The 'Commander' has a dashboard gauge that shows the the real time A/F ratio.

At about 630 US Dollar it can be favourable to rolling road tests, because , as it is on board, you can

check the results of tuning and modifications on the engine again and again, and it measures the A/F ratio in real life circumstances. It can be used on several cars of course : installation takes some time, but it's no big deal : fitting the sensor in the exhaust system is the biggest part of the job.

Try Lynx Racing, not sure where you are situated but I think you should be reasonably close to them. They have a TR6 documented on their website ubder the "Rolling Road/Classic Car " section. I took my car there and got a good improvement. I hope to revisit sometime soon.

Unit 1, Rose Lane

Forest Rd., Hanslope

Milton Keynes MK19 7DE

Tel / Fax : 01908 510000

Mobile : 07831 556973

Established 1986 email : lynx.racing@tinyworld.co.uk

Website is http://www.lynxae.co.uk/

Kind regards

David