Hi guys

a while back my boot got broken into.   Anyway got new barrel etc but now on reassembly it all looks a bit twisted .   Does anyone have and pictures of how it should look please ?

IMG_3495.jpeg

IMG_3496.jpeg

IMG_3497.jpeg

IMG_3498.jpeg

This might help.

Stuart.

Tonys TR6 546.jpg

CR526 O 080.jpg

CR526 O 088.jpg

CR526 O 089.jpg

Oh gosh - looking at those pictures this indicates my boot lock area is pretty twisted up and not sure what I can do about that ….

1 hour ago, AarhusTr6 said:

Oh gosh - looking at those pictures this indicates my boot lock area is pretty twisted up and not sure what I can do about that ….

I would start by getting the flat portion to hold the lock mechanism straight and so you can get the two lower screws in and so the button works the mechanism OK then dress the rear lip back to suit the rear upright flange for the screws there and so the lip holds the rubber in the right plane as well, its not going to be a five minute job but just work through it slowly and try the lock on and off till it all lines up. Once youve got the lock sat in the right place and the rubber seal on you wont see much of the damage.

Stuart.