Great Barrington and the Air Balloon roundabout.

Went to The Fox at Great (Little?) Barrington to meet a friend in his Fiat 124 Spider (Basically an MX5 with an Italian body.)

The Barringtons are classic “Chocolate box”  Cotswold villages, complete with village greens and a stream flowing through past the houses. Reminded me of trips out in the 1950’s with my parents. I doubt if much has changed in that area since then.

To get there I had to drive past the Air Balloon roundabout. What a mess!

Just mud and excavations as far as the eye can see, with a billboard declaring “Missing Link completion date 2027.”

Charlie

IMG_5739small.jpg.d381ecc81da39fec7efb5b032810d865.jpg

1 hour ago, Charlie D said:

Went to The Fox at Great (Little?) Barrington to meet a friend in his Fiat 124 Spider (Basically an MX5 with an Italian body.)

The Barringtons are classic “Chocolate box”  Cotswold villages, complete with village greens and a stream flowing through past the houses. Reminded me of trips out in the 1950’s with my parents. I doubt if much has changed in that area since then.

To get there I had to drive past the Air Balloon roundabout. What a mess!

Just mud and excavations as far as the eye can see, with a billboard declaring “Missing Link completion date 2027.”

Charlie

IMG_5739small.jpg.d381ecc81da39fec7efb5b032810d865.jpg

We go to the Fox quite often to see the Snowdrops which are all in the surrounding woods hedgerows and villages. The whole area is part of the Blenheim Estate.

The pub has changed hands again recently and is looking up and much warmer than on previous visits.

i don’t recommend going there when there is racing at Cheltenham though as it gets very busy, it is also a Hotel so when the racing is on its one of the locations where race goers stay.

It is a shame about The Air Balloon pub but it was not in a good position for access in todays world. It was one of those pubs that everyone had heard of because it was used as a location guide, we have lost many pubs in our area which were used for giving people directions and for bus stop names which were also very very old and historical. 
My aunt who moved from West London to Hucclecote, not far from the Air Balloon , would be turning in her grave if she knew of the changes in the area but she was blind and would not have been able to see the changes. 

Edited by SuzanneH