Indicator warning light

On my “Drive It” run yesterday,the green indicator warning light stopped working. However, if I gave the light a bit of a tap, it came back on flickered a bit and then went off again.

I thought this was a classic bad contact on the bulb holder as everything else worked perfectly.

This lunch time I took the lamp holder out, removed the LED bulb and tested the contacts with a test lamp, the intermittent fault seemed to be the centre contact. So with battery isolated I cleaned the centre contact by lightly sanding the contact to shiny metal.

On retesting, my test light now stays on constantly with slightly less brilliance and a slight pulse. The electronic flasher unit is ticking and the LED indicators are working , but the warning light is not pulsing with the flasher unit and does not go off when the indicator lever is in the neutral position.

Further testing , the indicator light goes out completely when I remove the P wire, I did this as I was wondering was I getting a voltage leak from somewhere .

I am now thinking that with this test and the lower brilliance and slight pulse I have damaged the electronic flasher in someway.

I’m beginning to wish I had left this alone as this seems to be another TR one step forward two steps back scenario .

Any advice as usual accepted with thanks

Edited by TR Rob
Addition

I suspect you have damaged the flasher unit, by accidentaly shorting the bulb contacts together. the bulb is driven by a small transistor.

I can easily replace this for you, (I blew one myself a while ago by testing the unit with too high a wattage bulb)

Bob.

PS. If you like, I can send you a replacement unit,( I have a spare one) then you send me yours, I repair it, & keep it for stock

Just cost you the postage.

I know yours is -ve earth.

Edited by Lebro

As suspected, blown transistor feeding the pilot lamp.  Now repaired, & on it's way home.

Be careful not to short the pilot lamp's contacts together, or it will happen again !!

Bob