Spigot bearing

Hi all. Replacing my clutch on a '69 TR6. Just taken the old one off - original Laycock by the look of it - and seen that spigot bearing is loose in the flywheel. I assume that is incorrect? I'd rather replace if needed before replacing the gearbox.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance

Tony

photo please.   Of the back of flywheel and rear of crank.

In 69/70 the spigot bush moved from being in the back of the crank to in the back of the flywheeel.   This was done by a complete crank and flywheel change.  The bush is the same internal diameter for the gearbox shaft.  The critical change is the length of the bush.

Dimensions please of your existing spigot bush.

How good a fit is it in the flywheel?

How good a fit is it on the spigot shaft of the gearbox.

Thanks for getting back to me. Reading online there are differences of opinion - some say a loose fit and others a good fit ie use of a drift of some sort. Just checked the operation manual and that says "Fit the spigot bush into the back of the flywheel ensuring that it is a loose fit". Mine can be moved in and out - in the plane of the crank and easily rotated. Looks like it's the correct one for the flywheel - the shorter length, which can just be seen in the pic in the lower left of the bush bore. I haven't taken it out yet1840127548_Releasebearing.thumb.jpg.f2eddef632d812abbca0c19fe0d18d4f.jpg