4a front bumper number plate fixing

I have removed front and rear bumpers for cleaning and tidying up. I want to fix the front number plate better than it is currently fixed and i am puzzled at the positions of the holes in the bumper. Below is my bumper with holes highlighted in orange and a second photo of another car which i believe is the correct locations of holes. There's no sign of any holes having been welded up at any point. Are these holes in the same place on a TR4 and a TR4a? Could it be that the bumper is originally of a TR4?

20231231_083118.jpg

Screenshot_20231231-095146_WhatsApp.jpg

Question number two. I have removed the irons and overriders and it seems i have an extra hole at each end of the bumper. Pictures below show iron fixing holes in orange, 1, 2 & 3 (with 2 being where the overrider is also fixed). What is the hole, highlighted in red, for?

20231231_110110.jpg

20231231_110027.jpg

Hi - TR4 & TR4A front bumpers are not the same in as much as the over riders are in different positions, hence they have different mounting hole spacings. TR4 over riders are closer to the centre line of the car whereas 4A ones are much closer to the headlights.

I'm pretty sure the bumper you have is a modified TR4 one  - the irons behind the bumper are also different.

If I get a chance, I will take some photos of the different bumper irons/brackets.

Cheers Rich

Edited by rcreweread

Been and checked my parts bin and you can definitely see the bumper bracket Besalu has is a correct TR4A one - from the attached photos, you can see the holes difference between a TR4 and a TR4A 

Hope this helps 

cheers Rich

IMG_1706 (4).jpg

IMG_1707 (1).jpg

IMG_1708 (1).jpg

Rich, thank you very much for going to the trouble of checking this for me, much appreciated. Any idea what the extra hole circled in red could be for? It is slightly elongated and looks original, not something someone has drilled in afterwards.

I am not going to buy new bumpers at this stage so i will just re-assemble it and plug these extra holes with a domed bolt until the time comes when i can afford to get new bumpers. Richard