Door Seal at “A” Post

What’s the best way to install the door seal at the A post on the TR4? Over the hook for the hood sides? Cut the rubber away to expose the hook? Should I start at the A post and work my around to the top of the B post, then trim, or the other way ‘round? In searching the various forums, I haven’t found anything definitive.

If there’s a photo showing a good installation, that’d be great!

Thanks for any advice.

Have you got the original channel for the door rubber (So separate to the draught excluder or are you using an all in one door rubber. If using an all in one my preferred option is this one https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/p-1285-door-seal so having the flap it leaves the hook exposed. Start at the top of the "A" post pushing the end up under the capping and then go all the way round to the top of the "B" post and again pushing the end up under the capping for a neat finish.

Stuart.

Thanks, Stuart.

It's the "all-in-one" seal, but not the one you describe. It's a replacement tubular-style as the first one cracked. Do I ignore the hook at the top of the "A" post, ie, not cut around to expose it?

Just now, ckeithjordan said:

Thanks, Stuart.

It's the "all-in-one" seal, but not the one you describe. It's a replacement tubular-style as the first one cracked. Do I ignore the hook at the top of the "A" post, ie, not cut around to expose it?

If youve got the tube type then your going to have to make a careful slot out to be able to access the hook, not ideal hence why I fit the type described. Also you will find with the tube type it will tend to kick out the rear lower corner of the door where its pressing against the door card across the triangular re-enforcing at the bottom of the "B" post. The flap type has less of a tendency to do this though still not ideal compared to the original fitment in the channel.

Stuart.