Dublin, Ireland to UK - a pilgrimage !!!

The following comment was posted by Conrad in the thread: Where did you drive in your TR today - and this prompted me to start this thread

“It was great to see you lads again at the International,  good to see the cars and hear the banter. Keep up the good work.

All the best,”

Conrad.

now while Conrad refers to attending the IWE as work I prefer to think of it more as an obligation as a TR ENTHUSIAST and each year since I acquired my TR6 (2008) I have treated the journey to the IWE like a “pilgrimage”, did not manage to make them all as work commitments got in the way and so was disappointed when COVID cancelled the event but now that I am retired and there are no longer any travel restrictions there’s no excuse, managed to make 2021 Malvern (only 2 Dublin cars made the TRip) and in 2022 only 1 Dublin and 1 Kerry car made it to Ambergate via Tatton Park, for the Sunday, and it was great to see Conrad, Clem, Ian Cornish, Stuart, Dave Burgess and Sarah, and Wayne to mention a few along with some local members
So you see, as long as the TR Register continues to organise international events and support the Spares Day at Stoneleigh I will work at making the pilgrimage each year. 

Edited by B Fitzpatrick
  • B Fitzpatrick changed the title to Dublin, Ireland to UK - a pilgrimage !!!

It is because you take the trouble to cross the water, just like those from the Continent, that such gatherings will always be - to me - International Weekends.

Some moaners in the UK say that cost of entry is too high, but those coming from abroad have the cost of the ferry, which in August this year, must have been at its peak.  Yet still you come, which is great.

I look forward to seeing you at Malvern next June, for which  I've just booked our B&B accommodation (Maddy doesn't do camping and the grandchildren have pinched my old ridge tent for play!).

Ian Cornish