TR4A oil filter/pressure assembly - Stanpart plates H and J

Folks, in the Stanpart catalogue for the TR4A, what is the difference between plates H and J? After a cursory look, I thought they were showing differences in the filter types, but under a closer look, I can see that several parts in the assemblies are different. Were different assemblies used in different years?

Jim

38 minutes ago, Tr4aJim said:

Folks, in the Stanpart catalogue for the TR4A, what is the difference between plates H and J? After a cursory look, I thought they were showing differences in the filter types, but under a closer look, I can see that several parts in the assemblies are different. Were different assemblies used in different years?

Jim

Yes   Two different makes were used.   Bit like SU carbs or Stromberg

Purolator and Tecalamit

Interchageable as assemblies 

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
38 minutes ago, Tr4aJim said:

Jim

Yes

Hmmm, ok thanks. The PO installed a spin on adapter so I can’t tell which I have by filter type. However from the plates it appears only the Tecalamit unit has the oil pipe for the pressure gauge, and that’s what I have. Just wanted to be sure I had the right one in case I needed parts.

Thanks again,

Jim

1 hour ago, Tr4aJim said:

Jim

I did all this many years ago.

The types are drawn in the Moss UK printed catalogue for identification 

The same oil pressure pipe with banjo fitting is common to all TR from TR2-4A

web cat   https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr2-4a/engine/oil-system/oil-system-tr2-4a-1953-67.html

IMG_1810.jpeg

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT