LHD TR5 for sale

Hi All I have a friend here who, having done a full body off restoration that he is just coming to the end of, can no longer drive the car due to personal circumstances. He has asked me to sell it for him on his behalf. I thought that members would be the best place to start so if anyone out there is interested please PM me for photos etc etc

This is a genuine TR5 on injection registered in France.

Cheers Clem 

I think it's a Canley my friend bought it in Sweden and exported it to France a few years ago very pre brexit

34 minutes ago, elclem1 said:

I think it's a Canley my friend bought it in Sweden and exported it to France a few years ago very pre brexit

You can tell by chassis number as a Canley built would just be CPxxxxL Whereas a Melines built one would have 1CPxxxxLP

Stuart.

12 minutes ago, stuart said:

You can tell by chassis number as a Canley built would just be CPxxxxL Whereas a Melines built one would have 1CPxxxxLP

Stuart.

Sorry to correct. If the TR5 is a Belgian production & assembled in "MECHELEN" ("MALINES" for the French speaking !) then the chassis number is 1CP followed by 1 to 4 figures & ending with "LO" (left & overdrive) or "LP". Interesting to know that the first TR5's in Sweden were RHD (traffic exactly as in the UK) but later traffic rules in Sweden changed resulting into LHD cars.

I am pretty sure it is Canley built but will check with the owner.

• 2 months later...
On 6/27/2023 at 10:53 AM, elclem1 said:

Hi All I have a friend here who, having done a full body off restoration that he is just coming to the end of, can no longer drive the car due to personal circumstances. He has asked me to sell it for him on his behalf. I thought that members would be the best place to start so if anyone out there is interested please PM me for photos etc etc

This is a genuine TR5 on injection registered in France.

Cheers Clem 

Hello. Is this still for sale?

cheers Hakon