Luggage carrier

Hi guys

I somehow pulled out a mounting bolt for my luggage carrier.  They all  appear to be black plastic studs and for the life of me, I cannot figure how I can put a new one in as how do you then get a nut to screw into from the other side of the hole, as the back is not accessible.  I am happy to drill out or prise out the other plastic studs.

Seems I have an original carrier. 

Thanks

7 hours ago, harlequin said:

Hi Richard 

Can you post a picture of the bit that pulled out?

It is probably a Rivetnut, if so most garages will be able to replace them.

George 

I could George but it’s just a hole :-)

The one that was on my car had a similar foot to what is shown in your photo, that was fixed with just a nuts and bolts.

From what you are describing it was some sort of self tapper or a plastic rawl plug type thing's that are being used at the moment, either way it don't sound very secure to be carrying luggage down a motorway, it might be an idea to remove the rack and replace all the fixings with somthing more positive like a rivetnut.

George