Steering rubber gaiters

Hi all

i am contemplating renewing the gaiters on my cp as one of them is split and I want to change the ball joints as I have been advised to do this because they look a bit decrepit.But although I am willing to give it a go I am somewhat of a novice to this,I have a brown manual but I wanted to ask if anyone out there could explain this procedure in layman’s terms (idiot rating quite high here).any pics or diagrams would be really helpful 

many thanks in anticipation 

nige

Hi Nigel, this topic was recently discussed here, scroll down in the topic list about 3-4 weeks and you will find it.

Best regards,

Waldi

I've just done this - lots of patience needed! I found the nearside more difficult than the offside. More difficult with the rack in the car due to access problems. I followed the guidance below (about 7 minutes in), altho I used a plastic bottle rather than a metal can for fear of damaging the gaiter - or myself for that matter! I'm sure there are other ways to do the job....

Good luck!