Steering column lower tie rod shape

Could someone please tell me what the correct shape should be for the end of the lower tie rod (part number 611531 in the Moss catalogue that goes between the column brackets) where it attaches to the rear of the dash? Attached is a picture of my tie rod, which was kindly given to me by Craig from TR Bitz as I did not have one before. I suspect it should be 90 degrees, which would match the drawing in the Moss catalogue, but it does not look like it has been previously bent making me wonder whether it is actually the correct shape. I don’t want to bend it unnecessarily, but at the moment it is “too long” to fit between the brackets.

many thanks

Richard

ps the end I’m talking about is at the top of the picture.

9E7BA012-F21F-42B1-9B89-F229BBF0DDD3.thumb.jpeg.e7b1edcb751d0c1f3615b938ee5385c6.jpeg

I reckon the column clamp to the forward clamp on the bulkhead , and yes should be a right angle or that wouldn't work.

Cheers. 

Thanks Openroad. Those were my initial thoughts too but when I looked at the British Leyland TR6 catalogue (my edition was published in May 1973) the picture of the tie rod looks like mine (see picture: plate number 23, part number 611531 which matches the part number in the moss catalogue). Also it is shown as the other way around from what I thought, and I cannot see where it could be attached. Anybody else have knowledge of what it should look like, or could look at their own car to see the set-up?

Best wishes

Richard

ps my car was built in 1970, CP 52462

.AD273247-823B-42F7-A8E9-D1BB17B84E25.thumb.jpeg.b02ba1d3b2a56c25007c482203e1c340.jpeg