CTEK MXS 5.0a T UK Battery Charger

I received one from Mrs. Claus as the Halfords one we've had more than 20 years was very long in the tooth and getting a bit flaky. Mate who I've known forever speaks highly of them and told Mrs. Claus I should have one...

What a fantastic bit of kit -- attached the 2 leads to screw posts on the battery (along with teaching grandson how to work with electrics and where to find what in my red tool box :P), added the extension lead and turned on the plug. It started up and desulphured the battery and now is happily doing its thing. When you want to go for a drive, just unclip the extension and push the bonnet down. When it's a bit warmer will fit the cable through the firewall to the glove box.

Nice benefit was grandson and I went out for a blat as all the recent rains removed the salt from the roads.

Highly recommend if you've not got one, now can lower the bonnet and put the cover on in our garage

+1 for CTEK when my Corvette arrived from Texas battery totally flat, delivery driver used his battery pack to get it off the trailer and on to my drive. Plugged in my CTEK on the recon setting and left it to work its magic, 5 years later the battery holds its charge for weeks at a time and turns over the 5.7 V8 without any sign of flagging! I've since revived a few other batteries which would otherwise have been thrown away so well worth the cost.

Graham

I have four CTEK maintainers, including two MXS 5.0 models.  I like their easy quick-connectorrs, their multi-step battery maintenance programming, the reconditioning option (which has saved a battery on my motorcycle), and the indicator connectors with LEDs to show state of charge.

I've retired my Battery Tender -- the CTEK gear is so much better.

Here's that indicator connector, permanently mounted to one of my Toyota trucks, showing the battery is fully charged (green).

i-gXLfdkS-X5.jpg

7 hours ago, DRD said:

I've got my CTEK charging through the cigarette lighter socket which I put in to replace the rheostat in the dash.

I’d considered adding one as my car doesn’t have one but for now I don’t mind the lead. I can see the attraction of doing it that way but this reminds me to check oil, etc before going out :rolleyes: