Nope, not noticed a deterioration....................haven't they always been c..p?

I don't know anyone in the Stag Owners Club who buys from them, but somebody must do as they are still in business. I get the impression, rightly or wrongly, that they are branching out across the Triumph (and Rover and Land Rover) range in order to spread mediocrity to all rather than quality to a few. A novel business strategy which seems to work, but hopefully not for ever.

They do a good range of catalogues though.

The above statements are based purely on personal observation and do not necessarily reflect the views of the rest of the Register or its management. My views are based on nearly 20 years of Stag ownership and membership of the SOC, bringing with it anecdotal evidence-a-plenty. I think I bought one thing off Rimmers many years ago - the conversation with the 'I know nothing about Triumphs' youth at the other end of the phone will ensure I buy nothing from them in the future unless I am desperate for a part and they are the only ones capable of supplying it.

Rimmers rank with Lumenition in my memory bank............

Ray

Guest GeoffWalker

I ordered a Dashtop from Rimmers for my 6 which is made to a high standard.

Shame it took 4 months to get to me!!!

I had the restoration finished and my old top repaired and installed before it arrived.

When I rang them up a month after ordering it they acted as if they had never received the order and weren't at all helpful. So Moss all the way!

As an alternative I've decided to start using Bastuck. Based in Germany and France. This is because the nicest TR's I saw at Le Mans were all French or German. Their detailing was very good. Their catalogue is excellent