indicator sidelight problem--ideas

Good Morning all.

apart from my overdrive relay problem a new one has just surfaced .

Problem-

with ignition on- and left hand indicator stork on

lhd front indicator on (not flashing) together with front sidelight.

Rear lhd indicator not on.

Rhd side front and back works as normal.

I have been trying to go through the cables and looking at earths but have not come accross anything . Could the problem be simply the flasher relay, if so why would sidelight come on, or could it be the indicator stork itself.

HEEEEELLLLLLLLP PLLLLLLLEEEAAAAASE.

Looks like i have a lot of learning to do, its a shame as was going to a Classic car meet this morning and have bits everywhere, i cant , typical.

any ideas or pointers would be appreciated

Guy

Guy

It sounds like an earth problem at the front LH unit, I can't remember where it earths though.

Ron

Thanks again Ron will look at that part in particular,

also could be something to do with the fuse box inputs and outputs, going to look at those too.

Guy.

Sounds like your rear light is blown!

flasher unit requires a certain draw of current to flash or it just stays on all the time. All three bulbs need to be working for it to work effectively.

Normally all bulbs earth through the bodywork where they are plugged in.

Fix your rear bulb and they all should flash!

Could also be the rear bulb isnt earthing properly - sometimes the bulb holder corrodes and doesnt make a good earth on the light bezzel.

Shouldnt take 5 minutes to fix!

Neil

Sounds like your rear light is blown!

flasher unit requires a certain draw of current to flash or it just stays on all the time. All three bulbs need to be working for it to work effectively.

Normally all bulbs earth through the bodywork where they are plugged in.

Fix your rear bulb and they all should flash!

Could also be the rear bulb isnt earthing properly - sometimes the bulb holder corrodes and doesnt make a good earth on the light bezzel.

Shouldnt take 5 minutes to fix!

Neil

Thanks Nco and Ron

that was something i have not checked, just proves to look at the simple things first.

Thanks for your reply

Have run out of time now , will check latter

Guy

Agree with Neil and Ron: earth problem and often it is the bulb to bulb holder not earthing well.

Thanks marvmul,

having just looked at the bulb that does flash at the rear, it is clear there has been an earth problem with the bulb holder as the previous owner soldered a cable from the side of the bulb and earthed it to bodywork.

Good idea until you need to change the bulb, this bulb must be at least twelve years old, that must be a record.

Havent had time to check it out further as cant get hold of replacement bulbs till tomorrow.

Thanks again to Marvmul, Ron and Nco

Guy