Hello all,

Just getting round to fitting a new hood on my 1964 TR4 following a very lengthy restoration and have hit a few snags (Really?) I bought the hood from Rimmers about ten years ago when I first bought the car in bits. Any help on the issues below would be much appreciated;

(See pictures attached)

The Rimmers catalogue shows three stiffeners for the front edge of the hood which I purchased as the old ones were completely rusted away. When I look at the new hood it seems to have a stiffener already inserted (Pic 1)

The chrome trim on top of the screen frame doesn't look the same as the one in the catalogue (Pic2) I think it might be a TR6 one and if so will it work with the new hood? There seems to be a lip along the front edge that captures the front of the hood.

There are no male press studs on the screen frame (Pic 3) so not sure where these are supposed to go and, therefore, where the ones on the hood go. There is a little triangular flap on the inside front corners of  the new hood (Pic 4), is this where the female studs go?

How is the little wire clip that attaches to the bracket on the screen frame attached to the hood? (Pic 5)

Any advice or pictures of existing hoods would be really helpful, thanks.

All the best

Phill

IMG_0887.JPG

IMG_0886.JPG

IMG_0885.JPG

IMG_0883.JPG

IMG_0888.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

The windscreen top does definitely look different to my TR4A. I am not really sure if the bracket in the side of the windscreen is supposed to be attached to the hood side flap. It looks to me like the hood flap should have an attachment for that, which mine does not, but this will surely be also a replacement hood, so not really sure...

16135567685396333016348839355635.jpg

16135567994958723605417243681811.jpg