TR4A - Tecalemit Filter Head - relief valve seal

Hi Guys,

Just removed my Tecalemit Oil filter head in preparation of fitting a Spin on Filter adaptor.

Thought I would check and replace the relief valve spring. Unfortunately the spring appears to be NCA, so I will have to reuse the existing one. However, the seal fell apart when removing the spring housing and it appears to be lead linger/wire (?)  according to Moss cat, but NCA.

This must not be a new problem and I am wondering what solution has been used by others. The body of the valve has an internal tapered seat that would take an O ring? Or perhaps a couple of coils of say solder wire (lead linger/wire substitute) which would squash into shape and form a seal. 

I haven't split the nut from the housing yet, but I assume the locking nut is a flat nut and the tapered portion on the inside of the nut that matches the taper in the housing is just squashed old  lead seal?

Thanks 

Rich