Windscreen Frame Seal

Hi All

Bit of a advice needed as usual.

Fitting the windscreen frame today and have a new seal.

It seems to fit ok on the drivers side where the seal splay’s flat on the scuttle panel, see Pic1.

But towards the centre of the frame from the wiper spindles onwards it tucks under the frame as pic2.

So the main frame pins are bolted in place as are the three central tabs and seems reasonably tight.

But it still seems to me that the frame is sitting slightly too proud of the scuttle, which it wasn’t prior to the new seal.

So the question is should to seal be as pic 1 (I think it should) and how do I get it to fit like that or should it be like pic2?

Is it as simple a tightening all of the bolts until the pips squeak and it does fit like I think it should?

Cheers    Keith

Frame seal Pic1.jpg

Frame seak tucked under Pic2.jpg

I do the 3 bolts that go through the crash pad first, leaving everything else loose. I then tweak the angle of the frame to suit the windows and then do the sides. not all seals are created equal either. I've been supplied 2 recently that had been punched incorrectly and the cut outs of the punch were visible on the outside of the frame.

What dash pad are you using? The nasty aftermarket poly ones are very thick and don't help the situation

Edited by mtrehy

Cheers for that.

All the crash pads are original.

Tried loads of diff ideas yesterday and eventually got it sorted using a variation of the string method for windscreen installation.

Did this both on the inside and outside of the frame and got it sorted.

It was a real faff and took ages but its kind of ok now.

Now got the easy job :D to do, install the windscreen.

Cheers    Keith