Hi

As mentioned in previous post am picking up a 4A in a week or so. Was having a look at some photos of it and noticed that the distributor vacuum pipe is plumbed into the dashpot. Previous experience is limited to Strombergs on a Mk1 GT6 - I seem to remember the pipe was plumbed in behind the throttle discs (thus exposed to greater vacuum at idle?)

Photo of the 4A arrangement attached if anyone can enlighten me as to whether this is correct?

Many thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

The vacuum pipe is correct on your car. It is actually an elbow next to the dashpot which takes the pipe into the carb above the throttle disc.

Look like a nice car.

Graeme

Thanks Graeme, looking at it more carefully I can see that it is indeed an elbow, not unlike the one I had on my GT6 - maybe I should hold off on looking for problems until I see the car in person....I had it inspected but other than that have only seen a dozen photos. Will post more pictures once I've got it home.

Actually, whilst we are on the subject of the photo, what is anyone's opinion on the rubber fuel pipe passing the coil as a possible fire risk? My preference would be for copper or at least steel braided hose

My GT6's Strommies used to be very sensitive to dirt and unless I had a fuel filter plumbed in just before the carbs they would flood pretty regularly, wondering if the SU's are as tempremental?

Edited by 67_gt6

My fuel pipe is copper from the pump to just before the carbs.

I can't see being routed in rubber is too much of a problem but then again if you feel uneasy about it change it.

After all the carbs sit on top of the exhaust manifold and that positively glows in the dark!

Unc :)