Matching paint

When the TR was rebuilt a few years ago she had a complete colour change unfortunately! The plates were restamped 96 which I believe is saphire however with little or no fading the saphire touch-ups are much darker. It looks more like a royal blue to me but I'm only guessing. Is the Triumph royal blue just a bit lighter than saphire. There is a pretty good picture of her under my profile. Can I have some considered or expert opinion.

Much appreciated

Laurie

Hi Laurie

Mine is Sapphire Blue sprayed by me with Tetrasil cellulose, if the colour in your picture is an accurate representation it looks to me to be a 'richer' blue than mine, it looks like Royal blue to me, and just to add to the confusion there is also Delft blue which is similar.

Ron

Laurie,

My car is sapphire blue and i have several litres of royal blue (for a cari painted red!). Therefore i can add that royal blue is very dark whereas sapphire is very bright, if that makes sense.

Conclusion, royal blue is noticably darker than sapphire.