TR4A Rear Bump Stop/Bracket

I'm currently working my way through a body-off restoration. The rear rubber bump stop is missing and the bracket, which had been repaired (butchered), is in a bit of a state and needs replacing. Strangely the captive nut which would receive the rubber bump stop has been blanked by a screw. I've read somewhere that the bracket length was extended on some models. Daft question...  is this particular bump stop necessary? If so, and if it was extended, does anyone have the dimensions and out of curiosity what is the distance from the end of the bump stop to the striking point on the lever arm. 

Had the same problem recently but only one side so could copy and I remade the bracket. Currently cannot upload photos or drawings so here goes with text.

Cannot answer if there has been changes. Measurements from my 1966TR4A.

Distance from end of rubber bump stop to striking point on trailing arm is 5 1/2"

Distance from end of bracket (without bump stop) to striking point is 8 1/8"

Measured with trailing arm in fully lowered position held by Shocker arm against the shocker arm bump stop.

Will attempt to send photos/drawing if I can PM or email them.

David B