INSTALLING NEW DISTRIBUTOR

17 hours ago, David Brancaleone said:

Thanks. That is what I was hoping. Veery clever. Sometimes solutions are not where you expect to find them. I'm not too fussed, if it' more.

We have a very nice system here in Australia, albeit different between states.

There is a Conditional registration scheme on which I have two cars, my new restoration TR2 and my TR6. The daily driver TR2 is on full registration.

The Conditional gives 60 days a year in a logbook plus all club runs, including other clubs that have invited your club to attend. It is $46 pa, about 23pds. 

Insurance when on Conditional Reg is also cheap. $390 pa for the new TR2 market value $90,000. The TR6 is $340 market value $44,000.

46 minutes ago, John McCormack said:

We have a very nice system here in Australia, albeit different between states.

There is a Conditional registration scheme on which I have two cars, my new restoration TR2 and my TR6. The daily driver TR2 is on full registration.

The Conditional gives 60 days a year in a logbook plus all club runs, including other clubs that have invited your club to attend. It is $46 pa, about 23pds. 

Insurance when on Conditional Reg is also cheap. $390 pa for the new TR2 market value $90,000. The TR6 is $340 market value $44,000.

Thanks, it is useful to know the parameters and practices. And see what is possible, if you want to drive your TR as a normal car.