speedo

Guest 72 blue

Guest 72 blue

Afer taking the car for a good run saturday my speedo seems to have lost calibration at least 15 mph

over 50 mph is the a way of correcting this or does the speedo need rework or calibration as I am bound

to get caught in a camera yet again

Check/replace the speedo flexible drive and angle drive first, but it sounds like your speedo needs a rebuild. Speedycables offer a rebuild and calibration service - check their website on the measurements they need for calibration.

I do not think this is a calibration problem unless something has changed in terms of final drive ratio or tyre size.

It is more likely that the bearings of the drag cup inside the speedo are binding. You can take it apart and re-grease it (a search through past posts will give details of a website that tells you how) or you could send it off for a service. JDO instruments give a very quick, fixed price service.

Dave