Trunnion Bushes

Having purchasd a set of Superflex trunnion (lower outer wishbone) bushes I tried to fit them, but to my mind they are not designed correctly. When torqued up, the poly bush revolves in the wishbone instead of the inner sleeve revolving in the poly bush. I think this is because there is too much friction on the outside face of the poly bush from the large washers each side (which, incidentally don't come with the bush). I reckon the inner sleeve is fractionly too short leading to too much compression on the bush. Yes I did use the supplied lubricant, before you ask.

Anyone else noticed this problem?

I had exactly the same problem except mine was a standard bush kit & it effectively locked up the lower trunions solid. I got around the problem by inserting a packing shim at the end of the inner sleeve(s) to give a working clearance but I could also have taking just enough off the face of the trunion bush to give the sleeve a working clearance.

I think this type of problem very likely stems from manufacturers of these components not really understanding how they fit together. But I think it’s reasonable enough to expect the supplier to test they actually work! In my case, I’d bought the trunion kits years earlier so there was not much chance of returning them to the supplier so I just made the best of it. It was a bit of fiddling around but worked out OK in the end.