Correct nuts to attach brake master cylinder to servo?

Hi

It looks like one of my bank holiday jobs will be replacing the brake master cylinder, but on checking the nuts and studs that attach the current m/c to the servo they appear to be 3/8" UNF x 9/16" - not the 5/16" UNF or alternative metric size as per the catalogue. Does this make sense to anyone?

Thanks

Steve

Hello Steve, you're right - they are changed. I had to replace the m/c and the servo a while back, and I remember that the stud sizes and relevant nuts had changed, though I thought they had 'gone metric'. I could be wrong.

Let us know how you get on.

Austin

Spent a fun day replacing the m/c and bleeding brakes. The servo to m/c studs and nuts are definitely 3/8" UNF - and I found the brown book torque table actually states this! The joys of old cars...

For reference, given previous threads on poor quality m/c, I used the TRW m/c from Moss and everything seems to work OK so far.

Steve