Concours Organiser - Volunteer Wanted

TR REGISTER CONCOURS ORGANISER

VOLUNTEER WANTED

As the current Concours Organiser I will be stepping down from the role following the International Weekend in Lincoln (29 June - 1 July) to pursue non-TR related interests; I will however continue to organise the Standard Triumph Survivors Display for the foreseeable future.

A keen volunteer is therefore sought to take over this most prestigious event on TR Register calendar and prepare and plan the Concours event in 2019 and beyond.

The role of Concours Organiser involves planning and management of the annual Concours and Pride of Ownership event held at the International Weekend, including:

• Prepare pre and post event articles for TR Action.
  • Reviewing Rules & Guidance and Scoring Sheets.
  • Maintain a list of trained Judges.
  • Encourage new judges and hold training days when required.
  • Pre-register entries and liaise with entrants.
  • Manage and coordinate the event on the day, including prize giving.
  • Collate results and prepare an article for TR Action.
  • Review lessons learned and incorporate into future planning.

Detailed technical and specification knowledge of every model in the TR range is not essential or required, although the successful volunteer would be a good planner and communicator and whilst a working knowledge of Microsoft Access would be useful it is not essential, as training on the concours database will be given.

The successful volunteer will not be thrown in at the deep-end as a programmed handover will be carried out and he/she will be able to shadow me at Lincoln and see first-hand what the role entails.

If you wish to register an interest in the role of Concours Organiser then please, in the first instance, send an email to events@tr-register.co.uk telling us a little bit about yourself, including any events you have previously organised.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Andrew

Thanks Rex,

It's not that difficult, just takes a little bit of preparation, juggling and thinking on the hoof.

I'll look forward to seeing you TR6 - PM me, and tell me more...........

Regards

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith