MG Wheels

Guest hodgie

Hi Guys,

Car's in the spray shop at the moment. Added a Piccy of the gem for your pleasure.

Finally delved into my pocket!

Anyway, i just bought a set of MGF minilite style wheels. (1) What studs do i need to fit these and (2) also they are without centre caps, what fits, other than 'MG' ones which i really can't have on a Triumph!!

Ah, lastly, do i need a spacer.

The studs are the standard ones in the hub, some people say they need a 5mm spacer on the rears others don't.

If you mean what wheel nuts then 99% sure they are 45 Deg taper 12mm x 1.5, but ring up rally design or Peter Lloyd Rallying and ask them they'll also be the cheapest.

As for centres then possibly sanding them down & using a triumph badge?

My minilite-style MGF wheels had the Rover centres. These looked Ok and I've seen them left on other TR7s. I just bought some stick on "Triumph" wheel centre badges from S&S and was often asked about where I got them.

mgfwheels.jpg

Malcolm.

Edited by malcolm

I used 6mm spacers front and rear with my MGF wheels, with original MGF wheel nuts. The MG centres have th red octagon which is fractionally too large to be covered by the stick-on Triumph badges, so I used Rover ones. the Rover ship disappearing completely when the badges were applied.

Wheel nuts and centre were obtained via e-bay, the spacers and Triumph wheel centre badges being the excellent S+S products.

Mike