I have read everyone elses threads concerning the wonderful world of TR7 electrics and I am about to throw a rope over the bathroom door and wave goodbye to this cruel world !!!

Simple problem:

Hazards flash fine on both sides.

BUT, only LH indicators work, have swapped indicator flasher units but no different.

Just spent an entire day on this. :angry:

Does this lead to an obvious solution - pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese.

Karl.

Probably column switch, easiest to borrow one from another car but if you drop the shroud off round the column the connector is a little way down I bet it's not making contact when you push it right!

Rest of bits are common such as flasher bottle that does both so if it works on LHS & not right it must be were wiring splits which is on the the column switch. Can access the wiring as well under the speaker grill on top of dash. It will be green with a trace.

Oh & you'll need higher than the bathroom door,try the stairwell & make sure the ropes under the LH ear :rolleyes:

If you're struggling give me a PM & I'll let you have my number!

Jim

Edited by Cinnobar

Take a look at the hazard switch as the indicators feed runs through it, had a lot of fun with these, if the connections inside the hazard switch aren't 100% the indicators won't work properly. Just cleaned my switch out again this weekend suprising how much crud builds up in the switch, as it not usually used much! <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Just a suggestion - make sure the indicator light housing is earthed properly to the car. I was getting some strange results at one point but this was cured by cleaning up the washers and nut on the stud on the back of the housing that acts as the earth terminal. Having said that, my left inicator works at a slightly different speed to the right but I think I can cure that by linking the two housings together, when I get round to it. :)