123 electronic dizzy

Don't think my standard one was in a particularly bad way and had electronic ignition.

But it is nice to be able to make adjustments to the advance curve between runs on the rollers to get the best result especially with a modified engine.

You can also store a second curve for lower grade fuel etc.

I've had a standard 123 distributor (set to mid number) on my 4A for a few years now and it has run beautifully so far. Tickover was much improved and it could run smoothly at very low speeds if needed. I also have a flamethrower coil, quality leads etc, Strangely enough I've recently had some sooting up of plugs which is a first, but with a number of other issues recently (intermittent overdrive - now fixed, failed angle drive - about to fit new, radiator leak - rebuilt) it's on my to do list to investigate. I do carry the old distributor in the boot though just in case.

I've heard that these distributors don't like to rev and have to say that mine's not too keen on high revs but I don't overly thrash my cars so it has little impact on me. It could also be other aspects as the engine is an unknown. I am also considering going back to a Distributor Doctor rebuilt distributor though, just to see how it drives with such a quality part.

Paul