Carb fuel fountain !

Hi,

Started my TR7 V8 up this morning, (not the one I am selling, I hasten to add !!) ) only to notice that there is fuel spraying out of one of the carb overflow pipes. The car has been idle for about a month in the garage prior to this.

I remember having this happen on a standard 8v TR7 many years ago, but can't remember how to cure it.

I am sure the problem was simple to rectify, but before I start stripping things apart does anyone have an idea where to start first. Thanks, Karl. :blink:

Isn't this just what happens when the float in a carb fuel reservoir sticks? I'm sure I've had this with a 2L car too. If the float doesn't rise then fuel keeps coming in and eventually pees out of the overflow....

Malcolm.

kARL,

I can remember what to do with a TR7 which is as follows

The Plastic float sprung a leak so not rising / not shutting the fuel off or you have particles of **** in the float chamber needle valve which just requires cleaning out. After cleaning / rebuild try blowing down the pipe with the float lifted and this should then not let the air through.

Hope you sell your TR7 V8 :) this time on ebay, your comments has but me off trying to sell my TR8 and TR7 to date by this method.

Happy new Year to all. B)

Jim Johnson