Hi all

I am getting to the stage of refitting the body tub back on the chassis

I have a fully rolling chassis complete with engine/g box and all the ancillaries..exhaust etc

The question is do i remove the engine and g box before fitting the body tub or will it drop over?

Any experiances greatfully recieved

Thanks

Tony

Tony, the tub will drop over the frame with the engine and tranny installed. I had the carbs off and I think the dizzy also as well as pulling the dipstick out. Basically anything that sticks out and may get in the way. I installed the handbrake after the tub was back on the frame for good.

I used an engine crane for the many times that I joined and separated the tub and frame and my rig allowed the rear of the tub to settle on the frame first and then lower the front over the engine. This is a bare tub of course not a fully assembled body with the apron on.. I did this many times single handed.

Stan