Hello All

My TR4A has oil on the plugs of 3 cylinders. It is running fine, starts well and is reliable but because of the oiling of the plugs seams to run rich. Engine produces blue smoke when under heavy load (excessive right foot + going up steep hills) from breather. My question is who do you fine folk recommend to rebuild this engine for me. I am asking this question as I have always rebuilt my own engines so not sure whom to use. But as I have 4 other vehicles in different states of disrepair do not wish to start another. This is the only car still running and I wish to use it in 2017. I have had one quote of £3750 for a fast road spec engine, but I would like to know who you would recommend to carry out this work and what is a reasonable price.

Would prefer to let them have the car and give it back with a rebuilt engine running and tested.

thanks, mike

"Engine produces blue smoke when under heavy load (excessive right foot + going up steep hills) from breather."

Give us some further details, how do you know the blue smoke is coming from the breather ? Also how long has this engine been together ? miles since it's last rebuild etc...how do you drive it ? are you an easy footer at 50 mph in overdrive top or do you like to use 5500 revs often ?

Depending upon what you say and the diagnosis it may be that the engine just needs some "tickling" rather than any engine work, save money and time.

Mick Richards