TR6 Steel Wheels - very wide rims - help!

Trying to find out more information about some TR5 / TR6 rims that I have acquired - they are the standard early type wheel with three "sticky outy" lugs for rostyle type trims

(I guess) but they are much wider (about 6 1/2 J) - they also have a step half way inside the rim - it looks to me as if two rims have been welded together to give a much wider looking rim - although the weld looks like factory finish.

I'm hoping they are really rare racing rims only fitted to a prototype TR5's (tongue firmly in cheek)

Help!  :P

Marko,

What you describe sounds like the standard steels from a TR5.

The step in the rim is standard also.

However if they are 6 1/2" they are not standard as they were 5 1/2".

Where are you measuring them ?

You need to check against the specs.

Regards

Tony. C

'72 CP TR6

The rim you describe seems like the 1969 TR6 - U.S. version wheel supplied for those cars only. 5-1/2J size adapted for Rostyle covers. A unique style but flimsy, I think, as the center disc is attached in 4 places rather than all the way round. If TR5/250 wheels are any indication, they won't run true and will be good mainly for shows, provided you have a pristine set of Rostyle covers ( good luck on that one! ). :;):